Click on image above visit my wildlife gallery!

Sunday 31 October 2010

WWT Arundel

Took advantage of the sun today to drive down to the the Wetlands Trust center at Arundel. Although I'm not a big fan of the WWT (that's another post), it's easy to get pretty close to the birds there, so I though it would be a good place to take the new D3100 for a spin, before using it "in the wild".

On the whole I was very pleased. The AF is taking some getting used to - not as fast or as accurate as I'm used to, but with practice I found I got used to it. I'm finding the matrix metering to be very good indeed - no real problems with exposure, even in the contrasty conditions we had today. The images are looking pretty clean at 1600 ISO too, which should come in handy.

These first three were all taken with the D3100 and a 300mm f4 AF-S:




...and this fourth one with the D3100 + 70-200mm AF-S VR II:



The extra couple of megapixels helps a little with the cropping too, and neither lens appeared to have any problem resolving them. This bodes well for a 16+ MP D400, when it comes.

2 comments:

  1. Great photo's! I really like the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    Very good site you have created. I enjoyed reading this posting. Wildlife photography is probably the most popular part of Natural photography. Wildlife photography captures the wildlife in the right place at the right time.

    ReplyDelete