Click on image above visit my wildlife gallery!

Sunday 17 October 2010

Isle of Wight - Day 3

A much better day today, with plenty of photos to show for it. Great weather, fewer dogs, and plenty of Squirrels. I found a stretch of treeline with about half a dozen squirrels feeding on pine cones etc. - they were there for about an hour and a half, so I stuck with them for most of the morning.


This next one was taken at point blank range - only just outside the close focus limit on the 500mm (about 4 meters). He was moving pretty fast!



Very pleased with these, after two pretty frustrating days on Friday and yesterday, I feel I've got the photos that made the trip worth while. I've entered a few of these in a competition for photos taken on the island - we'll see how that goes.

I wont be doing any wildlife photography over the next month, so there wont be many more posts between now and some time in early December I expect. In November we are traveling to St Lucia to get married and I've promised to leave the 500mm at home (might still take the macro - I bet they have some good insects...).

No comments:

Post a Comment