Click on image above visit my wildlife gallery!

Sunday 12 September 2010

Chris Weston Photography Workshop at the Wildlife Heritage Foundation

Yesterday I attended one of Chris Weston's wildlife photography workshops. This was the first time I'd met Chris, and what a thoroughly good chap he is - very down to earth and approachable, which is more than I can say for some other pro wildlife photographers I've met!

The workshop, which was the best of it's kind that I have been to, was held at the Wildlife Heritage Foundation in Kent. The Foundation keep a large number of big cats, and have an extensive captive breeding program. They fund themselves with the tours and experience days which they hold for the public. Visits are by appointment only (i.e. you have to book in advance - http://www.whf.org.uk/). In fact, this makes the site positively serene and peaceful compared to your average zoo, which can only be good for the animals (and the visitors too!). If you like big cats (and a lack of screaming children :-)), then this is the place for you.

And so on to some photos - as you can see, they have a real variety of cats.


I'm really pleased with these - to be honest, as these were captive animals held in enclosures, it was a bit like shooting fish in a barrel, but I'd like to think if you put me in front of something wild, I could produce something similar. All I need now is a few £k for a safari ;-)

In the mean time, I'm going to see if I can make any more of Chris' workshops later in the year.

1 comment: