Click on image above visit my wildlife gallery!

Sunday 9 January 2011

RSPB Elmley Marshes

My first outing of 2011 - finally some new photos to post.

Elmley Marshes is a big reserve - far larger than I had anticipated. In fact, I arrived too late in the day (about 1pm) to see much more than about a third of it before the sun set. I'll be sure to go back though.

The weather was excellent - the first cloudless day of the year, and the sun set seemed to last all afternoon.

Here are a couple taken from the Wellmarsh hide. This hide is excellent at sundown, as the sun sets over your shoulder.



This Barn Owl was out hunting all afternoon. I saw it about a dozen times, although it never really flew very close.


And here it is again, just before the sun disappeared.

1 comment:

  1. I love this one - have set it as my desktop :) It's very atmospheric.

    ReplyDelete