Click on image above visit my wildlife gallery!

Monday 3 January 2011

One Final Resolution

My resolution #5 is inspired by one of the highly commended images in the Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition in 2010. It's a picture of some rabbits silhouetted against a street scene:

Paris Life, by Laurent Geslin

Isn't it marvellous?

If there's one thing we have plenty of here in the south east of England, it's urban environments (let's face it, the whole place is built up). I've photographed urban foxes a few times in the past - here's an example:


But I think I can do more. Although this is an urban fox, other than the bath in the background, it's not really in an urban setting as such (this was taken in the local allotments). London is a 40 minute train ride from here though, and Brighton also - there are plenty of opportunities near here for photographing in a city environment. I expect the difficult bit will be finding the wildlife. I might start off slowly - I'm thinking Regents Park.

So, resolution number 5 is:

1.     Never intentionally shoot in crap light.
2.     Take Less, Keep More.
3.     Do more macro work (inverts).
4.     Do more landscapes.
5.     Try to take more pictures of animals in urban settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment