Click on image above visit my wildlife gallery!

Thursday 6 May 2010

Red Foxes in Horley

A few weeks ago, I had just taken a new lens from it's box and put it on my camera, when I glanced out the window and here is what I saw:

Nikon D700 + Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 VR II @ 200mm, f/4, 1/200 sec, ISO 1000

So this was the first picture I took with the new zoom. Not bad going I reckon - better than a brick wall anyway.

I've never seen a fox in our garden before, although I expect he passes through there all the time. Last autumn, I spent some early mornings photographing foxes in a local church yard - there are plenty in the area.

Nikon D700 + Sigma 100-300mm + 1.4 TC @ 420mm, 1/400th sec, f/7.1, ISO 1250

Nikon D700 + Sigma 100-300mm + 1.4 TC @ 420mm, 1/400th sec, f/6.3, ISO640

The weather for this weekend isn't looking good, so no new pictures until the sun returns. In the meantime, I'm getting ready for a week long trip visiting Wicken Fen, Blakeney Point and Minsmere at the end of May. I've made endless lists of what to shoot and the kit to take out each day. I've studied the maps and I know the sun up and sun down times and the tides too. Hopefully this kind of planning will pay off when I arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment